Monday, July 21

"Heavy sigh." - Mork

When life becomes to frustrating or confusing for words, I can always count on Mork from Ork to help me express my feelings.

These past couple weeks have brought upon me this strange, hectic but mundane feeling. I'm frequently busy, but not with anything exciting. Even the busyness itself is dull. The last few months have flown by like days, and even though summer is two-thirds over it doesn't feel like I've done anything, really. We had some family from out of town come in June for a weekend, and that was probably the highlight of the summer. Usually the highlight is the Sonshine Music Festival that happens every July, but I even missed that for the first time in like seven years. I don't know if I just lack motivation or need to find some new hobbies (probably both!) but life is so boring right now. It feels like everyone else is off on a missions trip or at camp or getting married or doing something cool like that while I sit here as the train of life just passes me by. Not that I have to be profoundly excited all the time, but it honestly feels like my life is doing nothing- going nowhere. I don't even really have anything to look forward to.

I gotta find something.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

I remember a wise Christian man once said to me "The problem with life is that it's so daily". We usually have more "daily's" than excitements in our lives, but we must press on, because it's in these daily times that we can still shine. Kris, you are shining in so many other peoples eyes just by living your daily life, doing things for others that may seem trivial to you, or even a spoken word, a listening ear that tells someone that they are worthwhile. That's what you've done for your Grandma and her friends! God is working in you now. Love, MOM

7:38 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

*sympathetic sigh* I hope you are able to find what God wants you to do and then be able to enjoy it. God is faithful both to guide / bless us _and_ to send us trials (e.g. daily blah's)... so expect more of both in the future.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home