Friday, July 4

"Anthem" by Five Iron Frenzy

So I know as a citizen of the mighty U.S. of A. that our country leans toward the more hypocritical side. Forgive me for starting this entry with one of our greatest faults (on the 4th of July too....ooops) but something just really bothered me today. I know that our country has accomplished some great things, and I fully support and take great pride in those serving America right now--regardless of my stance on the war. There's just some things that really get to me, and I know I'm not alone. Like the fact that this nation was founded on the words "In God We Trust" and now denies that these historical roots are of any importance. The fact that we were founded on and freedom while slavery was still legal for ninety years after we signed the Declaration of Independence. And the fact that today's top headline states "Guilty Plea in Two Murders" about a man being charged for the murder of his girlfriend and unborn child, even though the same woman could have gone to an abortion clinic a couple days earlier and killed her own child as if it were no crime.

I don't know about the rest of America, but I'm not a real big fan of hypocrisy. While nobody's perfect, we sure could use a little consistency now and then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home