Thursday, June 28

Friend tribute #1

I bought the coolest birthday card today. I wish I knew someone who was having a birthday soon. I also pulled out an old folder where I had kept drawings/letters/etc. that my best friend from childhood gave me. She's actually getting married in less than a month, and I have never even met her fiancee. Heck, I barely know anything about her anymore. But as I was reading over all these ridiculous pictures and letters she gave me, it brought me back to the time of our silly adventures and obsessive fads. I still laugh so hard at some of the pictures she sent me, and marvel at how creative she was at such a young age. It seems like it all happened ages ago, but I guess it's really been only 3 or 4 years since we stopped talking and hanging out. It's amazing what 3 or 4 years can do. We still love each other, but after high school our lives went such different directions it was hard to keep up. That folder brought back so many good memories, and sometimes I wish I could go back to the good ol' days. But I know God has different plans for our lives and I'm just grateful that I got to know her when I did. I don't know what is going to happen to our friendship, but I'll always love her and always miss her. I'm so happy for this next chapter in her life, it's just kinda wierd for me. I've known her since I was 2 years old. And now....she's getting married to some dude from Norway and moving there.

I guess the wierdest thing about this all is when I look back on how our lives have changed since high school. She's been all over the world, working on YWAM staff, and now getting married and moving across the ocean. I have....moved to St. Cloud. Still pretty much in the same place as I was 3 years ago, just at a different home and different school. I know this is where I need to be, but it seems like most of my high school friends have accomplished so much more since they graduated. It's just...wierd. Forget puberty, I say 18-25 is the most akward part of your life. It's when you decide how the rest of your life is going to turn out.

Anyway, I'd just like to leave a little tribute to Miss Meyer. You are so more awesome than totally awesome, and I hope God continues to bless your socks off as you start this new part of your life. I'll always love you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

What?!? No comments!?! I better leave one...one...that was it...no more, so move on...why are you still reading this...I'm not going to say anymore...wait...how much can I type more to fill this all up? Let me ponder that...enough pondering, because if anyone besides Kris reads this, they will think her mom is a fool, or really board. Correct on both accounts.

9:32 AM  
Blogger tubagirl said...

yeah mom, you're a board.

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home