Tuesday, September 5

Where do I start?!?

WELL, I don't think I can summarize the great time I've been having in St. Cloud. School starts tomorrow. I hope this doesn't change the atmosphere. ;-) On all accounts, I am very happy and pretty excited. The one thing that is hard is starting like a freshman again. I still don't know anybody my own age up here, and I miss my friends at my old school dreadfully. I miss coming back to familiar places and familiar faces. But I guess overall the transition is going well, praise the Lord.

It's interesting and somewhat fun to compare this big, state school to my previous small, private school. Today we had to take an orientation class called "Respect and Responsibility" where for 2 hours we "learned" that sexual harassment and discrimination are not good things. I think my favorite part* of the presentation was learning about having mutual consent for sex (otherwise, it is known as "rape"). Or maybe it was the former Jewish rabbi who introduced one of the speakers of the program as a model citizen and one of his heroes: an SCSU admissions counselor who was also a self-proclaimed lesbian. Side note: She went off about how she hated the term "politically correct". It was surely an interesting day. I found all my classrooms, ate some free food at a student picnic, contemplated the universe, and then did something pretty dumb. I applied for another credit card just so I could get a big bowl of free Coldstone. But it sure was yummy. :-P

*hopefully you're catching on to my sarcasm

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Wow.... I'm sorry your school is so liberal. Mine's not that bad. I'm glad to here you're doing well, and I encourage you to... um... keep doing well.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home