Tuesday, June 27

I'm think I'm starting to like this...

Wow. I am reading a good book called The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning and it's helping me understand my Savior and Father so much better. It's even making me excited to read the Bible more, to hear straight from the source about this freedom called grace. I just have a minute but I want to spout out a couple sweet verses that have been encouraging me along the way...

Galatians 2:16
[We] know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in
Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be
justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing
the law no one will be justified.

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is
freedom.

Romans 9:16
It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's
mercy.

.....and I'm continuing to realize that there is absolutely nothing we can do to recieve this mercy except ask for it. Period. We just believe it and bask in the freedom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home