Monday, January 5

Don't call it a resolution or it won't stick.

I don't do this very often, but I feel so inclined to list my activities today. Not much out of the ordinary, except that I fell in love. But first things first. I woke up and played Dance Praise (a silly knock-off Christian version of PlayStation's DDR). I realize that I kind of suck on the difficult mode because it is, as they say, difficult. Then I ate a big bowl of iron-fortified wheat flakes. This is important to the story. Just wait. I worked for a couple hours but it got pretty boring so I asked if I could leave early and stay later on Thursday. My boss is pretty awesome. I came home and ate another bowl of iron-fortifed flakes. Then I ran some errands and finally found the perfect shelf thing for our TV and DVD/VCR. At 4:00 I had an appointment to give blood, and give the blood I did! It was exciting because I haven't been there for about a year and giving blood is so fun. I was worried about having enough iron (hence the importance of the ironied flakes) and the first time they poked me I was under count. But I had them do it again on the other hand, and sure enough I had plenty of iron to spare! So that was fun, because I haven't done it in a while. I saw two people I knew on the "gallon wall" and realized that I only need to donate 3 more times to have given a gallon. Hurrah. It was after my exhilarating experience at the Red Cross that I found myself head over heels in love. In love...with the new St. Cloud public library. I couldn't believe how busy it was-almost as bad as the mall. I guess I share my newfound sentiments with many other Cloudy town citizens. Anyhow I felt like such a nerd to be enamored with knowledge, and it felt awesome. I promised myself that I will start reading at least a book a month. As I was walking out I totally passed an older dude with a Tartan High School letter jacket from '75 or something like that. Then I found five dollars.

And all of this is true, except the five dollars part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home